Friday, December 17, 2010

It Happened

5 months of trying. The doctor gave us 6 months before we would start going the testing route. The 6 month my peroid is late. I'm NEVER late. I take 5 HPT's over the course of 7 days after my missed peroid.

NOT PREGNANT

The sticks laugh at me and I wonder what the heck is going on with my body. After speaking with a friend she suggests calling the doctor and scheduling a blood test. What the hell? I think to myself and make the call. I go in and they take my blood and basically make me feel ridiculous for wanting a blood test. I get a call a few hours later.

I am in fact expecting a child.

Did I mention that I am NEVER late? I knew something was going on but no one but Angie believed me.

So I'm having a baby. June 29th, 2011 is my estimated due date.
I am excited and nervous and happy and sad and all over the place 100% of the time. For a control freak, the hormonal mood swings are NOT easy to deal with. I feel like I should be locked up for my own safety.

I'm 12 weeks and 2 days today. My first trimester is almost over and I am very happy about that. Everyone tells me the second trimester is the easiest. We shall see.

None of this is happening how I 'planned'. In our family there is a saying

We plan, God Laughs.

It's very true. I feel like this is going to be very similar to the wedding. Beautiful outcome but stressing me out to the highest extent because it's just not me. I've become more vocal so far this time but people still arn't listening to me. That is an entirely different post all together. I hope that people respect my wishes and help when we need and back off when we don't. I don't want to have any reason for this time not to be special between Derrick and myself and sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen get really really overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment