Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby Bucketlist

Now that I've decided that hildren are in my future, I've been doing some serious thinking. Dh is slowly coming around and I know it won't be long before he's ready to start ttc. Discussions about planning and timing used to involve a lot of sentences starting with the words 'I want to *instert here* before we have a baby'. The first thing we wanted to do was get married. We'd lived together for 2 years, been dating for 3. So cross that one off the baby bucket list.
After we got married we turned our attention, and be we I mean I mostly, to finding the perfect home. I scoured real estate sites, I memorized the MLS and I had conversations with multiple relators. I saw the inside of almost every house that came on the market in our price range and our locational preferences. I was a women on a mission. We did eventually find our dream home in a perfect location. It was a steal and I had nothing to do with finding it. It just sort of fell into our laps. We renovated it and moved in right away and while it still needs work, and what house doesn't? it's home. Cross that off the baby bucket list.
Dh is now in the phase in which he wants to have a sizeable savings account before we start trying. God has blessed us and this is quickly becoming a reality.We are almost to our goal amount. We both understand that there will never be enough to cover all possible senarios. Afterall, we arn't Angelina and Brad. This doesn't stop us from trying like hell to make sure we're ready. It's coming along nicely.
I was reading a post from another blogger who introduced me to the term 'baby bucket list' and I thought it was a great idea. After I thought about it some more I realized that we had already been crossing things off the list. She's due any day now with her first spawnie and she didn't complete her list but she sure got close.
I don't think we'll every accomplish all of our goals but I think that we can sure put a dent into them before our spawnie's arrive. So I've decided to write my personal baby bucket list. I'll cross them off as I accomplish them.

Leave the country and go on vacation Done. We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon. LOVE LOVE JAMAICA
Visit NYC for Macy's Day Parade
Finish our basement
Go to Niagra Falls and ride on Maid of the Mist
Get my DH better aquainted with babies (Our friends are quite fertile so there is no shortage of babies for this project)
Lose weight Done but would like to lose more...we'll work on it
Enjoy late nights out drinking with my DH (we never did this together and most of our friends have kids so it's very difficult)

What's on your baby bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment