Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's Baby Time!

He gave us the green light. After months of discussion, an engagement, a wedding and a house later, we’re going to have a baby. Not any time soon, mind you. He’s decided that he feels comfortable enough to go forward in the process. I’m excited. What better excuse to lock yourself away with your husband and have massive amounts of sex? I guess most people don’t really need an excuse, but we have very busy lives. In just the next month we have plans every single weekend including two weddings, a family reunion and I’m going zip lining with some girlfriends. I’m excited about all of the plans but my real excitement comes from the impending conception.

I don’t think we will have any issues but DH isn’t so sure. He has had some health issues in the past that he is concerned could affect our fertility. The doctors assured him that he should have no problem and I will happily listen to the words of that wise doctor. I don’t want it to be a process. I don’t want to have to chart and temp and use ovulation sticks. I just want it to happen naturally and when it is supposed to happen.

We talked last night cuddled in bed in the dark. We’re going to be parents one way or another. If we have to adopt, we’ll hop a plane and head to China and get our baby. God has a plan for us. We were meant to be parents. DH has very little experience with children but I’ve seen him around the kids of our friends and he is adorable with them. I’ll never forget the time I first saw him interact with our friend’s daughter, Addy. She was playing in her little kitchen and she and DH had a tea party and later ate mustard sandwiches. I can’t wait for him to eat mustard sandwiches with our daughter or to throw around the football with our son. I can’t wait to see my baby open their eyes for the first time and see their daddy’s eyes looking back at me.

My DH is a man’s man. He does the whole burp, fart, scratch and chest bump thing associated with a man. He handles our finances in a way that I can’t even explain and makes sure we are taken care of. He is an excellent provider, lover and friend. He is my rock and my strength and whenever I need him, I can count on him. ALWAYS. Yet when I see him with a baby or a little one, he softens. His exterior isn’t so harsh and he can melt my heart with the little half smile thing that he does. So while he’s stinking up our house or stocking our savings, I know there is so much more that I am going to learn and discover about him when we embark on this journey together. We’re going to be parents. Someday. Maybe not right this minute, but it’s coming. Someday soon. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment